Pregnancy Community

BREAST MILK

so I plan to breastfeed and do any mothers have any tips for me as to eating . I heard that the milk is effected by what u eat
I try not to eat onions when breastfeeding it has always given my babies tummy aches And it smells gross if your pumping so I'm sure that it doesn't taste very good. If I don't eat enough when I'm breastfeeding my supply decrease so do skip meals and eat healthy snacks along with plunty of water.
Thank you . that's very good advice .
I only breast fed my daughter for two weeks due to a botched csection that landed me back in the hospital. However, I understand that spicy foods, dairy products, coffee, chocolate, cabbage, onions, green veggies, and tomatoes. It can take 2 weeks for something to leave your system (& breast milk). Keep a journal of what you eat so you can go back and what may have upset baby's belly. Some babies are very sensitive, some can live with a free for all in mom's diet. If something you do ear e bothers baby, try gripe water. You can pick it up at your local pharmacy. Good luck!
Oh yes, and drink LOTS of water!!
I breastfeed my son for a whole year im 38 weeks now and im going to do the say with him as long as you eat and drink dont matter what your body will filter it for your baby different foods dont effect the baby
I've been bf for over a year and honestly just watch what you eat in the beginning . I eat whatever I want now and I have been for a while . I guess or just depends on the baby . Onions always gave her always tummy ache so I avoided them for a couple of months  
Thank you ladies . all those are great advice
I found caffeine bothered my little girl. Icedtea was my drink of choice and it seemed to keep her awake too.  Not really sure if caffeine travels through breastmilk but that was what i narrowed it down to with my girl