Pregnancy Community

BROWN EYED GURL...? 4 U, or others with multiples

how did you find out that you were having twins....were there any symptoms that led you to think that there was multiples??  and how far along were you when you found out? where you just measuring larger than a singleton? or were the pregnancy symptoms just twice as bad??   there is twins that run in my family....and my symptoms are just like 3 times as bad than what my other pregnancies were....this is going to be baby #4.....I'm only going into 5th week and I've gained 7 lbs so far this month....and all i do IS EAT...than is not normal for me....any thoughts???
For me I didn't really have many preg symptoms and still don't I had an early BFP and my HCG levels at 11 DPO were 92.9  and they stayed pretty high.  I thought I was having at least twins cause I started showing at 6 weeks and got an u's at 7.4 weeks and they said it was twins.....went back at 8 weeks and it was triplets  lost the third one at 9 weeks....but I just had higher HCG and was bigger than I expected.  But I'm lucky from what I hear most women have symptoms 2-3x worse with multiples.....but not me....I've only gained 3 lbs but I'm just not craving junk food so that can be part of it.
is this your 1st pregnancy?? how did you get the dr to get your levels checked? I also had a BFP early...at 8DPO....
no this is my third I've had two m/c's and then I lost one baby this pregnancy.....I have a lab here in town where I can get the blood work myself or I can have my Dr order it and get it done on my insurance.  I probably could have gotten a BFP earlier but I had some faulty tests......
I am so so sorry to learn of you losing your babies through m/c and losing one of triplets......that is awful...I wonder if my local blood draw site down the road would do anything like that without a dr's order....thanks
I was pregnant with twins (ended in a missed M/C and D&C in Dec. though).....1st pregnancy, so as far as symptoms go, I don't think they were any worse...only sore/heavy breasts and minimal nausea first thing in the morning but resolved if I ate....I had a little "jellyroll" around my middle that showed up around 7 weeks or so, but nothing that anyone but myself noticed and no weight gain at all....I found out at an 8 1/2 week U/S that there were 2......Good luck to you and congrats!
you should check you need to ask for the HCG quantitive test it will give you you HCG levels