Pregnancy Community

Baby movements

Im 26 weeks with my firat baby and I know baby movements are always a good sign but is there such thing as baby moving too much?
I haven't heard of that- an active baby is a good sign!
Only if it's unusual for baby to move too much, if baby has always moved a lot then I wouldn't worry. If baby is suddenly moving a lot then give your midwife a call and they will check that all is well. Most likely everything is fine but always worth checking if you are at all worried x
I spoke with my doctor about this as it was nice to know she was doing ok but so uncomfortable and it turned out I had an infection. As soon as my infection cleared up I got half the amount of Braxton hicks and she seemed to settle down a lot x
I believe around 26 weeks was when I had a lot of activity, too. They're big enough to feel every time they move, they still have some room to do the more crazy stuff, and it can be seemingly endless. It's amazing lol. And totally normal. As you get further along, movement should NOT decrease, but it will change. There won't be room for all the "flooping" as I called it lol but you'll still have shifts, kicks, nudges, etc. I swore I could point to where her butt was at any given time haha. But yeah, this is a very active time. If your baby is usually pretty chill and then suddenly seems to freak out and act frantic, then go get checked with an ultrasound for things like a cord issue or whatever, but that stuff is rare. Sometimes, they just feel like dancing!