MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Baby weight

I visited my dr today and she said my baby is fine but he will not be very healthy in terms of weight at the time of birth ?what can i do to make him healthy i have put on very much weight and i m 34 weeks pregnant
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My doctor goes off of ultrasound and he usually says in between numbers but my first he said close to 9 and she was 8lbs 7oz
Helpful - 0
Thanks for help ..i was really feeling down for this
Helpful - 0
Honey definitely don't go off that!! My dr did that he literally felt her and said wow that is one huge baby. She was only 6.7!! They are not always right. It's really impossible to know how big or small or how much baby will weigh until they get here!
Helpful - 0
Some women carry big and some small sweet heart. Just cause you're measuring behind doesn't mean anything.
Helpful - 0
Guessing the weight via ultrasound is very hard they can be way off! I actually ended up losing weight from my pre pregnancy weight and up till I had her I lost like 12 pounds! They told me I was going to have a very large baby based off the ultrasound they said around 9/10 pounds but at 32 weeks she was measuring small she was only 3 pounds by 34 weeks when she was born she was 6lbs 7oz and healthy. Because I am breast feeding she lost weight before leaving the hospital and we left with her weighing 5lbs 13oz! Don't stress it too much they can be way off!
Helpful - 0
She just check externally my tummy through hand
Helpful - 0
What are they saying your baby weighs?
Helpful - 0
Plz help me out
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community