Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
344397 tn?1235577228

Back Pain

I am at 26 weeks and have terrible back pain especially when sleeping. I use a pregnancy pillow and other pillows but that is not helping. I switch from left to right side through out the night. During the day I feel throbing in my lower back and at night I have this sharp pain in my side that is just unbearable...The throbbing I feel like if I cough, go to the bathroom or sometimes just sitting...I have been using a heating pad every so often but that doens't help the sharp pain I am getting at night...Anyone have any ideas or suggestions???
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
99627 tn?1301270952
I am 27 weeks and last week my back pain was very bad. I took some Tylenol and it helped for little while. Just take it easy. If it is more to your sides  call your doctor to be checked for kidney infection. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
202436 tn?1326474333
I get the same thing...I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and my bachaches have been progressively getting worse.  It does this with every pregnancy for me.  I haven't found anythign that helps, I just deal with it the best I can.  I was have some pretty bad bachaches saturday, along with a lot of braxton hicks contractions.  I just took it easy all weekend.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.