A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
5615074 tn?1378320440

Birth control

I'm not sure if I will get on birth control after my son or not as I plan on staying single for awhile. But if I do, I am thinking about the arm implant. I had the marina for about 6 weeks after my 6 week check with my daughter before it fell out. My doctor said with my age and level of activity it's probably not a good idea to get that again until I'm a little older so I'm not gunna try that again, I was on depo for awhile, but it caused me a bunch of problems, and I am currently pregnant from the Nuvaring. Has anybody used the implant? Is it a good birth control? I need to lose a lot of weight to get back down to a healthy weight, so I don't want something that causes weight gain, I am going to try and breastfeed my son, so it has to be safe during breastfeeding.
13 Responses
I had the i.u.d in my arm called nexoplon idk if i spelt it correctly but it worked wonders for me i got it in @3 months after having my first i lost a ton of weight cus i diet n exercised . I had no issue with it till i took it off in august of last year cus my weight loss made the iud move around in my arm n i got pregnant again super fast .. cudnt get it back in cus i found out i got prego in that week i had it off .. but i love that b.c ima get it again if i dont tie my tubes  after this baby...
5615074 tn?1378320440
Thank you! That's the one I was thinking about getting. :)
How have you been doing?
i had the implant in my arm and did nothing but bleed ended up on two tablets a day to stop the bleeding. They dont work for everyone.
5615074 tn?1378320440
Do you know which one it was? Like what brand.
I dont recomend the arm implant my neighbor told me he knows 2 women who got that and went sterile i was gunna get that until he told me bout that i went with the IUD
I had implanon for 2 years and absolutely loved it. No problems with weight gain, hubby and I never used a condom and never got pregnant and I actually stopped bleeding at all. Got it out and got pregnant 3 months later. It's the only BC that has worked for me and can't wait to get it again.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.