Blood Test

Hey Ladies I took prenatal blood test and feeling a bit anxious, how long does it take for them to come back

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
U mean like glucose tolerance test?
Mine they got back the same day coz I failed and had to do it again
Helpful - 0
No like blood test for hiv and other things that includes the bbys health 2
Helpful - 0
Oh I guess unless its something serious you wont get results back until your next appointment with dr or modwife
Helpful - 0
Midwife*
Helpful - 0
But what I wana knw is how long does they usually take for them to come bck so I cn have a phewww moment since they haven't called and it's been more than a week
Helpful - 0
Thats not actually true no matter if they wait until next appointment they will tell you it can be something wrong but they might not look at your results until the next appointment
Helpful - 0
So even if you don't get a call they probably haven't looked at your results yet but will look at the next appointment
Helpful - 0
No my OB told me dat WE WILL CALL YOU IF SOMETHING IS WRONG AND IF NOT WIL C U AT UR NXT APPOINTMENT IT'S IMPORTANT DAT THEY LOOK SO THEY'LL KNOW IF SOMETHING IS WRONG THEY CNT WAIT 4 WEEKS 2 TEL ME
Helpful - 0
Dat ws his exact words
Helpful - 0
All doctors are different noy ever doctor is the same which you should already knew that anyways buti guess not
Helpful - 0
Then why are you posting this post when you already knew the answer lol ummmm ok
Helpful - 0
My OB usually doesn't call with the results unless something is wrong. We don't even discuss them at the visit if everything was normal.  It shouldn't take them more than a week to get the results back. So if you haven't heard from them yet your tests probably came back normal but if your really worried about it call your OB and ask.
Helpful - 0
And most doctors will look at the results when They get them back to at least make sure nothing is wrong. They won't wait until the next visit.  
Helpful - 0
Yeah those come in with in a few days and they call if anything major comes up if nothing major comes up they will not call and just tell you at next appointment example when I had all that testing done I never heard from them and then when I got to my appointment they told me I was borderline anemic and have me an iron supplement so if there is anything major they call right away to tell you if not you will not hear from them and with all those tests like you just had they come back within 4 days. Hope this helps
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community