Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Blood pressure flow from Mom to Baby

I went for scan at my Gynae yesterday, I am currently 22 weeks and 6 days pregnant. He did quite a big scan to check my little baby girls organs etc. He was checking the blood flow from me to baby and he mentioned that there was something that alerted him in the patern of the blood flow that could be the first sign of the blood pressure to baby becoming high. He said he is not too worried about it now but it is definitely something he will need to keep his eye on and check at the next scan to see if blood pressure increases. I am trying to look into it further just to get my head around it, to see if there is anything I can do now to help reduce any risk of the blood pressure rising to baby. I feel a bit clueless, and so far everything I have researched is pointing toward eclampsia, which is quite a scary thought! I don't want to get too worried, cause I am sure if my Gynae was very concerned he would have mentioned so. My next scan is in 1 month's time...  Has anybody experienced something similar during pregnancy and is there anything I should be aware of or any tips I should take on board. Thanks in advance!
1 Responses
Oh just to add to my original post, my blood pressure is perfect. It is just the blood pressure flow from me to my baby girl that is under suspicion. Thanks!
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.