Pregnancy Community

Breast Milk..

So I've seen some people say that some don't even get their milk in until baby is here.. but I've also seen a lot of people who are not even thaat far saying how they have been leaking.. I'm 31+4, and I haven't leaked AT ALL or seen any signs I even have milk in. I realllly want to breastfeed, so I'm just kind of getting scared I'll be one the ones who doesn't produce enough milk for it..? :/
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm only 23 weeks but I'm really Afraid of the same thing, I'm going to visit the lactation consultant at my hospital before baby gets here, they are free to see and they can tell u how you can produce more milk
Some people maybe on more than just their first pregnancy.. or some might squeeze their boobs to see if anything is in there... i know this is my second pregnancy n i have milk n sometimes leak but thats cause i just stopped breastfeeding my 2year old son
Not everyone leaks. I leaked one time throughout this entire pregnancy. Your milk doesn't come in until 2-3 days after the baby is born. What we have now and the first couple of days is colostrum. Don't worry when it's time your body will do it.  :)
With my firs child I leaked colostrum from the time I was 7 monthes pregnant on ad could not produce no where near enough milk to feed my baby so I guess it can go both ways I am hoping for this time though
Just give it time your body will know when its time it is also very important to keep a healthy diet oatmeal and milk also helps produce more breast milk, when I was pregnant with my first I wasn't getting enough milk and I made oat milk and I started leaking all over the place Lol.
And don't worry if it seems like you don't produce enough. With baby breast feeding more will come in. I see a lot of moms complain that they don't make enough but you have to realize baby had a tiny stomach and doesn't eat much in the beginning. The more you do it the more you produce
Its not milk that they are leaking. Milk does not come in until after baby is here and dont stress about it. I have been stressing and the doctor is telling me thats why I am having problems getting my milk to come in. My baby has been here for 10 days and I am only getting like half an oz every time I pump.
I have been lactating since I was 16 due to over thinking I was pregnant. (My first pregnancy was last year when I was 21). After the miscarriage I produced more because my body thought I had the baby. So with this pregnancy I've had leakage since the beginning. Everyone's different.
I never leaked during pregnancy with my son but had colostrum available for him right away when he was born - he latched within minutes of birth - and my milk came in two days later and didn't dry up for over two years when he weaned. Less than 1% of women actually physically cannot nurse. It is not easy but if you are determined and don't give up you'll do great. Good luck.