A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
5787494 tn?1387152284

Breast feeding?

I want to breast feed my baby once I have it. I've heart it's the hardest and most painful during the first two weeks? Is that true? How have your experiences been?
11 Responses
My daughter is almost 2 months and the first week was so painful!! My nipples ad scanned and hurt so bad!! Def recommend getting lanolin its amazing lol yes it hurts but after firstweek it gets so much beettwr. Stick it out it is an amazing experience.
4983320 tn?1378405868
I've heard it's painful, but we're made to this. You'll be fine. Definitely gonna get some nipple cream lol.
B
Bump!
5787494 tn?1387152284
Thank you :) I definitely plan on sticking it out. Its whats best for my baby and that's all I want. What's lanolin?
4835896 tn?1369373021
My son is 12 days old and both breast and bottle fed. It hurted soooooo much for the first week, now it's fine . Lanolin did nothing for me, my nipples were still more sore than ever.
Yes it is hard and it does hurt for the first 2-3 weeks n im guessing thats y alot of moms quit cz they consider it too much work. But its the best thing you can do for ure baby its so healthy for the baby and ure self.  I mean you do burn up to 500 calories a day from just breastfeeding. But if your. 100% commited to it I'm shure u will suceed. And remember It gets wayy easier as time goes by n its such a beutiful bonding experience. I hope u suceed girl!!! if u need any help feel free to message me
My son is two weeks old. My nipples were cracked and bleeding so I've been exclusively pumping the last two days to give my nipples a break so they can heal. Once the pain subsides and it doesn't hurt just to sneeze I'll begin latching him on again now that we figured out how to properly latch. It was very very painful for me. I would rather go through labor again because at least it's over in a few hours. It got to where it hurt so bad I would cry. But im determined to stick with it for as long as I can.
5780464 tn?1374383906
My experience it didn't hurt at all. Baby caught on first try at the hospital. My nipples would get sore every once and a while but I used lanolin. :)
5787494 tn?1387152284
Thank you :)
5787494 tn?1387152284
Thank you
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.