Breastfeeding(:

Ima ftm  & I do plan to breastfeed when my little one gets here...I just wanna know some of you all's views on it! Did you catch on pretty quick or were you just like screw it? Does it hurt? what did you use for soreness? Do you leak alot? Etc.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The first  few days off colostrum were frustrating and painful. I highly recommended lanolin nipple cream after every feeding. Once my milk came in about day 5 it was MUCH easier. My daughter latched really well, so I didn't find it painful, but they do get sore regardless. Try not to get frustrated, im still working on getting a steady supply in. Drink endless amounts of water, milk, juice, etc. Also, don't think if your breastfeeding you can't formula feed too. Some days you just dint produce enough or your nipples are to sore; it's perfectly ok to supplement with formula! Good luck!
Helpful - 0
It was good for me from day one the lactation consultant came to me and got her to latch on right away. And ever since she's been great with it! If there's any issues you can use a shield which has holes in it which goes on your nipple and they can suck on like a binky. As long as your baby can get a deep latch it doesn't hurt
Helpful - 0
I am only breastfeeding. The first 2 days were horrible. My nipples were very sore and it also started to have some cuts on them from my baby suckinh so much . but on day 3 my milk came in and it was a lot easier and not painful ! But sore.
Nipple cream is a must!
You might want to give up during the first fee days because its very overwhelming but hang in there mama!! Good luck
Helpful - 0
The hospital I had my daughter had a breastfeeding councilor.  I had to have them help me alot so I could get the hang of it at first.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community