Pregnancy Community

Business of being born

Hey girls i just finished watching this on youtube, i would highly recommend all you preggie girls to watch this as it has been a real eye opener for me.
I watching this right now on netflix
Its amazing(: im havig a natural water birth ina birthing center because of that movie(:
Watched it. Was so inspired... but sortve confused now. Because I want to have my baby naturally , but in the hospital. Is that possible?
To all of u future moms out there... watch the video. Its amazingly informative :-) . Unbelievable! !!
Yes you can have a natural birth in a hospital. Make sure you talk to your doctor about your birth plan, make sure they know exactly what you want and are agreeable to your plan. Make sure your partner/birth coach/whoever will be there when you are admitted has a copy of your birth plan to give to your nurse when you are admitted. If you don't want medication, your nurses should be told not to offer it or even mention it while they're in the room. If someone wants to give you pitocin, you have the right to say no. If they want to put in an IV, you have the right to say no (or to ask why they want to, what they'll put in it, etc - many hospitals will put an IV in everyone "just in case" - if they want to keep a line open, tell them that saline flushes are fine but that's it). Make sure you are as informed as possible about the process, too. It can sometimes be very hard to advocate for yourself when what you want differs from the "normal" birth the L+D team sees. But you are the patient and you have the right to refuse.
Just keep in mind when you're watching documentaries or reading articles online that they are usually telling one side of the story. Before you make life-altering decisions it's important to educate yourself by doing your own research. Find reliable sources of information. I'm not going to sayone type of birth is bbetter than another, it is all personal preference. Just make sure you are educating yourselves so that you can make an informed decision about it and all other important choices in your lives. Misinformation runs rampant in today's world.
It is a follow up on the business of being born on netflix. I haven't watched it yet