Pregnancy Community

C-Section or vaginal Birth

Hello Mommies :
I am currently 25 weeks with my third child . previously I had one emergency c section followed by a scheduled c section. However the pain after csection #2 was almost unbearable. There is also a bigger year gap in between the pregnancies as my youngest is 7 yes old now . the girls are 3 years apart. With that being said I am terrified of having another csection and would like to attempt vaginal birth . I've read the complications etc on the options and just wanted to know if anyone has/had delivered vaginally after Caesarean??

What was the cause of your emergency c-section and then your scheduled c-section?  Some women can't deliver an average size baby,  which is my case,  and trying would just result in another unplanned c-section.

Do you have a different circumstance?  Have you discussed this with your doctor?
I had been on bed rest for some time and was over due with baby #1 once I reached 6cms they kept me and I just wouldn't dilate any further so my Dr made the decision to take baby with #2 I didn't wanna go thru the hassle ... Now this go around I'm nervous in general and quite confused lol
And yes I've discussed it with my Dr. She's very reassuring that I will be okay with vaginal delivery however everything has to go naturally I cannot get any medications to help speed up delivery or dilation
Okay.  So your first one wasn't an "emergency c-section",  but rather,  an "unplanned" c-section.

An emergency c-section is a medical emergency.  Suddenly,  the baby is facing death because it can't be delivered and within about 3 minutes,  they have to go from zero to having the baby out of your body,  through your belly skin.  Emergency c-sections happen when there is uterine rupture,  or the placenta detaches,  etc.  

It does sound like your pelvic opening isn't wide enough to allow a baby to descend into the birth canal.  The fact that you were overdue with your first baby,  and couldn't dilate past 6,  indicates that the baby's head wasn't descended enough to press on your cervix causing it to dilate enough for birth.

I had 3 c-sections due to my pelvis being too narrow,  and my first two were fairly easy and the third was very hard.  So I guess it's kind of hard to predict which ones will be harder.

Best wishes.  I really recommend you talk to your doctor about your history and get his/her opinion.  
Thanks so much for taking the time to talk to me !!