C-section and exercise !!

I had a c-section on April 15 and I wanna start exercising but is it too soon ??before getting pregnant I weighed 118 at the end of my pregnant I weighed 162 .3 weeks after having my daughter I went all the way down to 124 .now I'm 120 I still wanna lose weight and I wanna start exercising like crazy but my incision does still bother me could I start exercising??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Honestly 120 lbs is a VERY healthy weight and I would focus more on maintaining weight than losing it. Especially if you're taller than 5'4" because taller women can weigh more and still look lean and slim.

Listen to your body and if your doctor has given you the green light then work slowly.
Helpful - 0
you can exercise.  if its hurts slow down.  you can resume all normal activities once your doctor says its ok and thats usually after 12 weeks.
Helpful - 0
I think with my first section I started on the treadmill about 5 weeks later - my second I really do not remember because it was not as much of a concern seeing how fast the weight gain fell off the first time.  RIght now I am 2 weeks post c section and do want to start working out - but my incision is still too tender... I think I would slowly work into it and take it easy - Did you already have your 6 week appt?  Congrats on the weight loss... I know how you feel about the remaining lbs.. I have about 4lbs left to lose from this one - but I am pretty confident it will come off in the next couple weeks...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community