Pregnancy Community

CONTINUED LABOR STORY :)

Revisit my last post for beginning of the labor story.

- got in my room for induction, they inserted the balloon thing at around 2-3am, and started pitocen this was Friday morning. I got there on Thursday so labor for me didn't start until they put balloon in and pitocen. So, the pain WAS UNBEARABLE. because they have to come in and pull down on it.. remember they insert it in your cervix and my cervix was COMPLETELY CLOSED. At this time i was 36weeks. After it finally came out after HOURS.. i was 3cm dilated. The contractions were painful but tolerable. I was stuck at 3cm for hours. Finally got to 4cm and was stuck for hours more.. they up my dose of pitocen to 10 then 12. To get contractions coming harder and regularly since i kept getting stuck for hours. I thought i wasnt gonna get the epidural but, i did. I started with 2miligrams of morphen didnt help. Then i got the epidural.. im a first time mom so the numbness made me panic i didnt it was gonna be that numb. I hate the epidural. Then all of a sudden my contractions started hitting me HARD. Ended up getting to 5/6cm. i was hollaring for a c-section but, they didnt wanna give it to me because this my first baby and didnt wanna put me at any risks. So comes to find out my epidural came out.. so they had to do it again.. even though i hated the way the epidural made me feel.. i got it again .. i rested. By this time its Saturday morning about 12-1am. So this time the epidural did wonders i didnt feel a thing. They came in to check my cervix around 6am I jumped all the way to 9cm. By 9am i was 10cm 100%+1 effaced. We started pushing just me and the nurse to get her down some for the doctors. Even though i didnt feel anything she said i was pushing awesome for a FTM. then everyone came in, . Baby Leyah was born at 9:41am 5pounds 14ounces. She was considered pre-term because i was just 36 weeks. No tears, vaginal birth. Took about 3days.. but, worth it. We're now breastfeeding. And i did booboo.. so embarrassed it was because i didnt feel anything. Lol I HAVE TO THINK VERY HARD ABOUT HAVING ANOTHER ONE. LOL good luck to you ladies.
Congrats
Does epidural hurt ?
Im trying to avoid the epidural. But I am keeping it in mind. Did it hurt when they put it in ?
Sorry for late post it.. stung a little, like a pinch in the and then it was in. Still feel funny after 2 days.