CRISIS PLEASE HELP

Long story short: i heard having pierced nipples helps during breast feeding. Had them done. Took a bath tonight, only to find one side fell out and closed. Question: will i still be able to breast feed?
I have mine done, you are supposed to take them out when you Breast feed bc I guess bacteria can build up around them and it is considered unsanitary. How Long have you had them done?
Little over a year but the side closed completely. I am freaking out bc thats a big issue with me.
Ya not to mention it could have fallen out into your babies mouth instead of the tub.  I hope you can still breastfeed tho.  You should be able to if the other lady can....I think:-)
So the one is out right? If so and it doesn't hurt I would put some a&d ointment on it, don't use sented  soap on it. If it hurts or you notice the start of an infection you need to get it checked out! Are you currently breast feeding, or are you pregnant?
Im only about 8 weeks and planned to take them out before i breast fed then put them back in bc i read its easier bc the stream is bigger.
It may have swollen and pushed it out, that almost happened to me. When you have your nipples pierced and your milk comes in, it is a lot different and jn an increased amount. You also have to be careful when you start leaking milk bc it will dry up on the Sides, i have to Clean mine about four times a day to prevent an infection. You will still be able to breast feed as long as you take care of them and don't develop any infection. :-)
it can actually hinder breastfeeding as it can damage where the milk comes out, obviously it doesnt for some and they can still feed, I would reccomend leaving it out and not getting it re peirced until after you/ve finished b/feeding
Also if the side is completely closed (and it doesn't hurt) you can try to put it back through...it tends to hurt less if you do it in the shower or under water. Sounds weird I know lol just make sure you sterilize the ring or bar

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community