Cannot find sac. 6 weeks

I am going insane with worry, at the moment. My last period was on the 1st of Feb, and for the past 3 weeks i have had regular and sometimes painful menstural cramps and spotting. (So painful paracetamol didnt help) Because my periods have been all over the place since coming off the pill, i presumed it was all related so only did a pregnancy test a week ago. It was positive, so I got sent for a scan because of the pain. When she did the scan she couldnt find a sac, nor could she find it with the internal scanner thing. They tested my blood, at the time hcg was 178, then two days later it had rose to 448. They have scheduled another scan for 2 weeks. However, i am still worried, because the pain is still occuring and so is the spotting. I am getting so depressed from the worry! I dont know what to do. Anyone had this experience. Is it normal to get these pains?

Thankyou in advance for your comments
Hermi
You could be misscarrying, but your levels are rising. They are really low which may indicate your only like a few weeks along..i mean like 2 or 3. it is really hard to pick up anything this early. I would just try not to worry even though i know its hard. I have had 2 miscarriages and the waiting game is never easy. Just rest and try not to worry yourself. good luck
Hey hun,

Well your HCG has done a good jump in the 2 days (there suppost to double every 48-72hrs) If i was you i would also request a progestorone test as this could be a reason your spotting, and if this indeed the problem suppliments will stop you miscarrying. Its also very normal to cramp in Nov before i found out i was preg i remember having horrible pains like AF was coming Its just your baby implanting.
I wouldnt worry at the moment hun (very easier said than done) but youll drive yourself crazy unfortunatly all you can do is wait and hope for the best.

I wish you the very best of luck & hope you have a healthy 9months.
really sorry to hear this ive just found out im preg and im 5-6 weeks they couldnt see it will a normal scan but with a internal one they could i just hope that ur not misscarrying hopefully in the next few weeks they will see more ;-) good luck and take it easy x
Just to let people know what happened, because i went on many forums and the person who posted never replied with any kind of outcome. I just hope this helps, if you are reading it.

On thursday i had the second scan showing a sac of 8mm through transvaginal. Was supposed to be seen again in 2 weeks

Today i started bleeding, so went for a private scan. Was told i was miscarrying. When i got home, i had horrible pain, and passed the sac.. Bleeding seems to be settling now.

Anyway. I was treated like a hypochondriac, the entire time. But I gotta say, it was my gut instinct that prepared me for what happened. I knew something wasnt right. So if you are reading this. follow your gut, and insist on going to the EPU!

Im sorry if you are going through this.

Im sorry if you are going through this.

Im sorry if you are going through this.
I'm sorry you went through this and can totally relate to you. I am currently going through a missed miscarriage and have to go in to hospital to have it assisted as it's been 6weeks and it won't pass. I was told at what I thought was my 9week that the fetal pole measured 5-6weeks and told Tuesday gone it had gone completely leaving an empty sac. I hope in time u feel better and you're right. We know our own bodies when somethings up x

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community