Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
2515342 tn?1347084237

Child services?

Being pregnant and having a 18 month old I feel I am protective of my children and would sacrifice my life for them. I don't know how a mother could feel any different but unconditionally love there children and It angers me that I have a neighbor who is also pregnant and living with her boyfriend, mother and is using drugs with them. She had the nerve to ask my mother in law who lives across the street from me, multiple times , actually even arguing with her because she wanted some of my mother in laws precribed back pain pills and she did this yesterday after just buying some baby clothing off of me from my yardsale..I think it's completely sad and disgusting that the whole time she was like "I'm sick","I need to talk with you alone" while buying baby clothes. I not only find her drug use disgusting but the fact that there using drugs next door when I have babies here, makes me worry that my children and I are in danger.

Is there anything that cops or child services could do about this??
4 Responses
Avatar universal
You can call based on concern for the child's well being. They might investigate,  but they might not. It will create a paper trail though...which is a start. If shes using, its the law for the dr to contact social services too at the time of birth. Honestly,  theres not a lot you can do because its very difficult to take a child away from its mother. But you can try....you might save a life. Who knows. Good luck
Avatar universal
You could call child protect services and let them know what's going on. They might be able to step in. But if she's still using them when the baby is here they'll probably find it in both of their blood systems and the hospital will most likely get them involved as well. But I hope she realizes she needs to quit before it's too late.
Avatar universal
I live in Canada and you can for sure call child services Here it might not do anything because they need to see her doing drugs or under the influence which I don't think is right  but it wouldn't hurt to call
Avatar universal
Seems like they should be able to like put her in rehab or something. But it's child endangerment even if it hasn't been born yet. I say call, she shouldn't be risking her child's health like that
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.