Circumcision options?????!!!!!!

so it's a lot cheaper to get the circumsion done in the doctors office vs. right away at the hospital... But I am worried if we wait, it'll hurt him more than if we got it done right away... Any suggestions on this???
I got my son done at 4 weeks  at a clinic. If it hurt him he didn't show it. He didn't make a noise and went straight to sleep after a feed.
Same for my son, he had to wait until he was 4wks and got it done at a hospital. He didn't show any pain or discomfort at all.
My doctor told me its easier the earlier you get it done, I think it all costs the same though
I had it done when my son was still at the hospital. He was 5 days old because he spent time in NICU. With my insurance I didn't see a bill for it so I Dont know if its more or less.  
My son's was done at 4 weeks at the doctor office. He hardly cried at all. More from being held down then anything. Once I picked him up he stopped crying.
Okay!! Thank you ladies so much! I needed some advice. Just so worried about him hurting!
And I know for a fact with my insurance it's cheaper at the clinic! But thanks for the advice ladies!
That's odd, if we get it done in the hospital before we go it is $150 but if we wait for the clinic it's $350
Here in canada it is one of the few things that our free healthcare system doesnt cover. I dont know the exact cost but i believe it is 350 or so.  My doctor will not do it once the little guy is over 8 days old. That is just his rule.   You then have to find another doctor to do it. I would think the earlier the better.  I think the little guys have to be able to hold their own temperature and be over 5 pounds.  Just what i hear though as i have a little girl!
Yeah! I think it's a 10 day rule to do it at a clinic but it's only like $300 instead of like $550 at the hospital with my insurance!

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community