Pregnancy Community

Clary sage?

Does Clary sage oil bring on labour?
What is that? I know castor oil does i took it my last pregnancy
its an oil you put in your bath or inhale, I've read on the Internet and got mixed opinions about it... Isn't caster oil dangerous? I really want this baby to come out now!
Yeah ive never heard of the sage oil thing so i have no comment. And it can be dangerous if you take too much you could get horrible diarrhea and vomitting and by too much i mean like more then 2 tbsps at a time. If you allow yourself to get dehydrated it can be very awful for you and for baby. And some women who have taken it have had babies that pooped inside of them but that is a coincidence babies can poop inside of you at anytime in the last few weeks. If it made baby poop my son wouldve pooped i took 2 doses of 1 tbsp each 4 hours apart i drank it shaken in 1 cup of oj and then drank a glass of water after. I went into labor 5 to 6 hours later then i took a big poop and had my bloody show i had my son at 1123 am which was 12 hours after my second dose. But again i stayed hydrated and took 2 small doses.
so is caster oil actually the only thing that makes you go into labour?  
Theres other things that people do. Nipple stimulation can help cause contractions. Castor oil worked for me. People say pineapple but ive never heard a success story with that one. Ive only heard good things from castor oil, nipple stimulation and sex
I just don't know whether I have the guts to do it. I've eaten loads of pineapple that doesn't work. Long walks, nipple stimulation, hot currys, swimming, raspberry tea leaf tablets and tea bags, bouncing on a ball, sex, hot baths.. With sage oil also. I've tried everything apart from caster oil.. Lol
How far along are you?  Yeah i drank raspberry leaf tea starting at like 35 weeks 3 cups a day but that isnt to induce its to strengthen contractions and make them more effective. And i started inserting 2-3 evening primrose oil tablets at 36 weeks. I walk a lot. Not so much sex my husband thinks pregnancy is gross and always has since he was young it freaks him out so we only had sex like once a week. Then at 37+6 i took castor oil and had my son exactly 38 weeks.
I'm 38+4. It just seems like this baby isn't ready to come out. Should be patient really but it's so hard when I'm so uncomfortable and physically drained. So maybe I should take the caster oil. My husband said its my decision whether to take it or not but I'm worried incase it does harm the baby, but just like you said it needs to be used in the right dosage.
.
Well id do your own research on it and you make your own decision. But i found that ots been used since ancient egypt so doctor know women do this i feel of it was dangerous they would let me know. I mean my doctor sat me down to have an entire conversation on what not to eat i feel like id be informed about at home dangerous induction methods
My sister took it her last pregnancy she didnt go into labor though and when she did have her baby by induction then c section becaise baby went breech which shed been doing throughout the pregnancy the baby was 100% healthy even though she took the oil a few days before the induction.
I did castor oil didn't work for me & when ibdis have my son I had a lot of problems cuz of it & he pooped inside me. Never again