Pregnancy Community

Conception date accuracy

I understand that ultrasound due dates can be off by a few days and nothing is exact, but my question is... will a scan at 9w6d be off by an entire 3 weeks? I am worried about actually  farther than the scan is showing.
Nope, thats too big a difference, 3 wks earlier than 9+6 would show a more blob like baby, possibly wouldnt be able to see limbs, and be more difficult to see, 12+6 would show a perfectly formed baby and the uterus will have risen out of the pelvis so would be easy to see using the ultrasound through the tummy rather than vaginally. A few days either way is as much of a difference as you will get
thank you..
What are the chances of just carrying a small baby? When does a fetus start growing at its own rate?
Babies don't start growing at their own rate until the second trimester when they start hitting growth spurts. In the first trimester they're all so tiny that they're about the same size.
So basically your saying that i have nothing to be concerned about as far as when I concieved?
Conception dates are only estimated there is no actually way to pin point it down unless you have tracked your ovulation schedule and that usually takes months to do to make sure you ovulate the same time each month! At this point you should not worry about it! In the second trimester is when the doctor really pin points down how that baby is growing! Pregnancy is stressful enough without worrying about an estimate of when the baby was conceived.....I honestly wouldn't worry until your doctor tells you too!

My conception day says I got pregnant the day after my period....now "most" cases women don't ovulate until 12 after their period! When I questioned the doctor he said its just an estimate date!

Congrats on the pregnancy, hope its a smooth one for you and baby!
A due d8 can b up to 2 weeks eitherway bt they r usually very accurate. Also sperm can live in the vigina 4 up to 2 weeks so u can gt pregnant at any point during this tym Dnt worry tho they may change ur due d8 l8tr on if they think they gt it wrong bt all will b fine xx