Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Could I be pregnant? I am on birth control

So, I am on YAZ Birth Control and have been for over 9 months now. I always take my pill on time, the latest I have ever been is about 2 hours. I forgot to take one, and I took it at 12 the next day, and then took the normal one at the right time. Now, I had sex with my boyfriend about a week before this happened and he pulled out. I had not had sex with him since my last period. Now, my period is late. Is there any possibility I'm pregnant? Please help. Thanks!
5 Responses
756023 tn?1338524035
There is always a possibility.  The only way you will know is if you take a home pregnancy test.  First Response is a good brand.  Have you been stressed lately???  This could delay your period as well.  Birth control is not 100% effective.  Doubling up with a condom is also a good idea if you are not wanting to get pregnant at this time.  Good luck and let us know!  
927769 tn?1275936202
There is always a possibility as Sasha said. But I was on Yaz at one time and didn't have a period for 6 months with it all the while continuing to BD. I wasn't pregnant.
I actually got pregnant while on YAZ. I have no idea how lol, i took my pill like clockwork...my Dotor told me i was just one of those women 10 percentile that got pregnant on the pill.
Im currently 8 weeks 3 days :)
Well, I took a test this morning because I am now a week late, and it was negative. Was it too early to take it?
I took a test 2 days after i missed my period, but it was very very faint! I took another test 2 days later and it was super dark. I say wait a few more days and take another one and if you still dont get AF schedule an appt with your Dr.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.