Cramping early during pregnancy?

I am 6 weeks pregnant today, conceived during my first round of femara with ovidrel. I have been having strong period like cramps daily since my trigger shot. The only difference is 3-4 weeks they were constant now they are off and on. I have had levels done 4 times, all doubling as should. I had an ultrasound at 5w2d to check implantation of pregnancy, pregnancy is in uterus and we seen gestational sac and yolk sac, but no baby yet dr said it is to early. I had not had any bleeding or spotting, I am just worried becacuse my 2nd pregnancy (which was 14 months ago) ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks so I am very concerned. Just looking for any experiences/thoughts! I do go back for an ultrasound Monday, just want something to hold me over until then!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Congrats and good luck!!!
Helpful - 0
Cramping is really common in pregnancy, especially early pregnancy. The times when you should start to become concerned are when they cause you to double up in pain or cause tears, or when you have them accompanied by bleeding. Good luck!!
Helpful - 0
I had a lot of cramping with this pregnancy(femara baby too,lol).  My other 2 no cramping at all.  I think every prenancy is different.  As long as the cramping goes away, things should be fine. Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
I am 8 weeks and I'm still having dull menstural like cramping, I searched online and apparantly it is normal...I can't remember if i felt these cramps my other 3 pregnancies.  I also had an u/s at 5 weeks 2 days and they saw everything except a heartbeat, 1 week later the heartbeat was there.  I'm sure everything will be fine!!
Helpful - 0
Not every girl spots in pregnancy..ive had a few friends get pregnant and they never did spot and one never had cramps, so every girl is different! two of my friends had cramps in their lower left side though like pinching pains around 6 to 8 weeks though so dont worry cramping is common! good luck
Helpful - 0
My doctor said cramping is normal, though I haven't personally experienced it since the week I found out I was pregnant.  Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
Relax. Cramping and some implantation bleeding is normal during pregnancy. You're cramping because your uterus is expanding for your baby. Only be concerned if you are experiencing painful cramps that make you double over in pain, with heavy bleeding.
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies! You made me feel much better
Helpful - 0
I am glad i found this posting. i am on my 3rd pregnancy and the frist 2 ended in mc. i am cramping with this one so i am a little worried.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community