Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members
Avatar universal

DNA test ..

My boyfriend wants a DNA test for our baby girl , he doesn't have ID or anything .. Does he need ID?
I was going to order a home test from DNA diagnostics ..  Anyone know this information??
Thank you.
8 Responses
Avatar universal
Not sure why he would need an i.d? Does he have a school id or anything with his name on it?
Avatar universal
No he doesn't.
He doesn't have a single piece of ID .. Long story.
but I'm thinking because it's an at home test being sent .. That he won't need it ?
Avatar universal
Don't mean this in a bitchy way, but if he's here legally, he should be able to go to a dmv/dds and get a state id for like 10 bucks..
9187090 tn?1406264221
He doesn't need one for a home test.
9267525 tn?1410816471
Avatar universal
No worries I didn't find it bitchy lol & yes he's here legally, but when he was younger , his mom put all his ID in different names .. If that makes sense ? I don't know but if you guys know of a way for him to get all his names in 1 name & new ID it would be a great help :) !  Iv been trying to get his shi* together for a while now.
& that's great news that he doesn't need ID for an @ home DNA test :D
Avatar universal
Have him go to a social security office, or call, and see what his options are.
134578 tn?1602101550
When he was born, the hospital would have had his mom fill out a form for the office of (or bureau of) Vital Statistics for his location (this is usually a state office).  Either the hospital or the mom would have sent it in, and the state would have put the information into its database and sent her his official birth certificate.  If she decided to change his name later, if she did it by legal actionl, the bureau of Vital Statistics would have that information also.  He should just contact the county or the state, and say he does not have a copy of his birth certificate, and see what they tell him to do.  Or, if his mom does have a copy of the original birth certificate even if it is not in his present name (and will give it to him), he can take it to the state and see if his name was ever changed legally (if she is not telling him).  If it's a matter of his mother not wanting him to do this, he can do it by himself.  If she doesn't mind him doing this, she should give him what she has in terms of early birth records, so he has somewhere to begin when he gets to the office of vital statistics.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.