DNA

My boyfriend wants a DNA test for our son when he is born. He has wanted one from day one. I thought he was joking because I have never done anything to make him unsure and I know our son is 100% his.
He says that he wants a test just in case but its not a trust issue thing. I don't see how it could be anything other than him doubting my faithfulness.
Aside from being kinda hurt by his accusation I also don't think my insurance covers a DNA test and I don't know how to get one.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you're still with him,   and you have been together since well before the baby was conceived,  this is obnoxious behavior.

Is his family pushing for this?
Helpful - 0
Is u get tanif the state will order a DNA by the Tim baby is a year old
Helpful - 0
If he wants a dna test then have him come up with the money... If its his family pushing then have them come up with the money and make them figure it out. I agree with @rockrose this is obnoxious.
Helpful - 0
Its free as long as its dne at the Hospital with in.24 hours of birth
Helpful - 0
You can get from a drug store like CVS it's like a kit the three of you will swap your cheek all and send the swaps to the given address and they will send back the results I think it's like 200$ though.
Helpful - 0
I got pregnant after we had been dating for 3 months but all the dates match up and everything not to mention I know I've been faithful lol. His mom is the only one who has said anything about it and she just said that sometimes men get crazy ideas in their heads.
Helpful - 0
If he wants it make him pay for ittttt!!
Helpful - 0
If its done at the hospital will it hurt the baby? Cause if so then he can kiss my tush.
I'm not making a big deal about it because I've told him that he can have his DNA test but he will feel like a jerk when the test come back that our son is his lol I'm trying to keep in good spirits about it but he also chose the name for our son even though he wants a DNA test. Its frustrating.
Helpful - 0
Oh, well that's a fairly new relationship so I understand why he would be insecure. I think guys just don't understand the dates and all that. So maybe he thinks you might have gotten pregnant before you two got together. But either way I think its his responsibility to arrange for the DNA test.. That's just my opinion. Why should you stress yourself out over something that you don't care about.
Helpful - 0
I don't work anymore, I had to quit my job when I got pregnant because it was very dangerous to my baby and I haven't been able to find a job since and he works so he has to pay for it if my insurance doesn't
Helpful - 0
When my son was born the hospital asked us if we wanted a sample of his blood/DNA for future reference in case he went missing or anything like that.
all they had to do was take a little sample of blood. Which most times isn't bothetson because they have to draw blood to do tests on the baby anyway so it all fits right in.
Helpful - 0
Well it sounds like his mother isn't pushing him to do this.  Is anyone?  His Dad,  brothers,  friends?  I just wonder if there's someone he needs to prove this to,  besides himself.

If that's the case - if his dad is saying he'd be a fool to parent a baby that isn't his and he needs proof,  I'd go through with it so he could prove this to whoever is pressuring him.

If you're sure the pressure isn't on him to have the DNA test done,  that would be a rift in our relationship I'd never quite get over.

Helpful - 0
Honestly i encouged my boyfriend to get one. I knew it was 100 percent his but i did it so in the future no one could say otherwise like his family. I did this to not cause me stress or a headacke just so he knows just like i know.  Dont take it to the heart or try not to maybe he is doing it in a sense of security so no one can tell him otherwise. I doupt he want to hurt your feelings .
Helpful - 0
My fiances step mom tried to get him to do one. I got pregnant after 5 months of us dating. (We knew we were in love when I was 15 him 18). But she talked about it. He told me she said it. They arent American so she spoke Bosnian. But when she was born she looked IDENTICAL to both my fiance and his father. So there was no questioning it. Plus I know I was faithful so I didn't doubt it. We're now 19 & he'll be 23 when our son is born.
Helpful - 0
He has told me that he got me pregnant on purpose because he didn't want me to leave him and the time he told me he did it matches up with my due date and last period date and all that. If anyone is pressuring him it would be his dad and friends telling him I probably wasn't faithful or something. It bothers me because I think he would act different if he already knew 100% that our son is his
Helpful - 0
Tell him if he wants one he can pay for it. They even sell at home ones where you do the test at home then mail it in. You can find them online.
Helpful - 0
Stay strong
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community