Pregnancy Community

Dehydration

So I've been throwing up & nauseated & ob says if I can't keep anything down by this time tommorow I need to go into l&d. Uggh I'm so miserable.  Anybody been dehydrated? What happens @ l&d? 23 weeks 1 day
You probably will get fluids through a iv that's what my doctor told me yesterday because I have a stomach bug
Do they admit you?  Or are you there a few hours?
I was dehydrated to the point the hospital admitted me for 2 days because it was causing contractions
I think they are jist worried because dehydration can cause contractions. Just try and keep something down like gatorade. Probably impossible for you right now but it will help restore your electrolytes. Thwy will jusr put you on an IV and probably gig you a stress test. Good luck
Try drinking a powerade! It has electrolytes in the juice that helps with dehydration :) thats why its a sports drink..
I was told overnight just so they can make sure you're not dehydrated anymore because that can cause baby heart rate to drop
Ugggggh I really hope I can eat or drink.  But I keep salivating I threw up last night & I keep feeling the urge to throw up but there's nothing to throw up.
I was given IV fluids, urine tests done, bloods work, and ultrasound due to high risk of kidney stones.  They also decided to give me steroid injections since I was 27 weeks at time I was admitted.
Good luck.  I know its absolutely miserable not even holding water down
You may have a stomach bug its going around those were my symptoms when I went yesterday and I got it
I have the stomach bug also. I'm currently sipping on chicken broth and drinking gatorade. Im hoping it will stay down.
U will get much bttr after getting the fluids in hospital. .I was der twice..it helps in gtng back to normal. .n makes us able to eat aftr sometime. .I ws gvn injection too as well...fr d sickness !
If you are dehydrated and go to the ER they wont admit you they will just give you an IV with fluids, check your blood and urine to make sure youre not down on vitamins and most likely send you home with some kind of anti nausea medication.
Just threw up water!
I read somewhere that if you freeze Gatorade and suck on the frozen cubes that helps and someone on here suggested watermelon for nausea just some ideas to try. Hope you feel better soon mommikat!
Thanks everyone
U need to ask about a pill to help the nausea  and dehydration brings on false contractions.  If admitted into a hospital they will put u on a IV
Two of my friends had a bad stomach bug while pregnant and they were fine. Dont worry it doesn't mean anything bad will happen. They just want to make sure your hydrated (:. I hope u feel better soon.
Yea I have nausea pills, not working.