Pregnancy Community

Depo Provera

I am fed up asking but i'm fed up with all the signs, I have been off depo fro just over 2 months and haven't had a period as yet.  My breasts are killing me and i have never had this before, i have slight cravings for chocolate and cakes and my bowel movements have been pretty bad anything i eat is coming straight back out.  Sorry if it's to much info.  What i would like to know is, is there a possibility i could be pregnant, how long does depo take to wear off and how long do these symptoms last after coming off depo and lastly i have been taking fertiliad is this any good and if not what can i do to speed up my chances of conceiving.  Thanks for any help given!!
I am now 32 but had my first baby at 18.  I took depo after he was born and it really messed up my cycles.  I was very irregular and then didn't have a period for months.  My ex husband and I broke up and I was afraid I was pregnant again because I really had no way of knowing without having  regular periods.  It was impossible for me to know when and if I was ovulating.  Anyway, I also began having some of your same symptoms.  The tenderness in the breasts especially.  That had really only happened to me when I was pregnant.  So, I was scared.  I took tests but they came up negative.  I went to the doctor and had them draw blood.  Thankfully, I wasn't pregnant.  I only say thankfully because my ex and I were already in the process of divorcing and I didn't want to bring another child into that.  So, you may not be pregnant.  I think I remember my doctor telling me it can take up to a full year to get it all out of your system though.  It probably also depends on how long you have been on the depo.  The longer you have been on it, the longer I would think it would take to get out of your system.  To know for sure about being pregnant, I would suggest going to the doctor and having them take a blood test.  You could also go to a pregnancy help center near you and they can probably do an ultrasound.  That's what I did with my 3rd child because I didn't want to wait to see my doctor.  It was going to be a few days and my urine test came back positive.  I wanted to make sure before I told my husband.
I have a question I had my first depo shot n I'm due to get the second one in this month n I wanted to c if u noe if it wares off like before I get my second one or not cuz me n my bf had unprotected sex today n I wanted to c if u can help me out on this
I got pregnant on the depo shot