A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
681897 tn?1226615790

Depo after miscarriage

I was 4 months pregnant with my first child, and I had a miscarriage.  I ended up needing 2 blood transfusions myself and I almost died from the miscarriage. I was then given a d&c and stayed in the hospital for a few days.  Before I was discharged I was given the Depo-Provera shot. It was the first birth control, other than condoms, I had ever used. I only had the shot that one time and its cycle ended 9 months ago. At my follow up I decided againt a 2nd shot b/c my husband and I wanted to try again. the Dr. suggested that I wait about 9months to a year bofore getting pregnant again. Just to give my body time to recover, but other than that everything looked ok to him. my husband and I have been trying for a while to get pregnant. My periods are irregular, but other than that everything else is fine. We have been trying with no luck. Could it be from the Depo? Or possibly from the miscarriage? Any tips on increasing our chances? Thanks.
1 Responses
589762 tn?1330210735
I was on the depo years ago..... and they did say that if you are planning on trying conceive that it could take anywhere from 12-18 months..... so it is possible that you are having a hard right now bc of the shot.....
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.