Pregnancy Community

Depo after miscarriage

I was 4 months pregnant with my first child, and I had a miscarriage.  I ended up needing 2 blood transfusions myself and I almost died from the miscarriage. I was then given a d&c and stayed in the hospital for a few days.  Before I was discharged I was given the Depo-Provera shot. It was the first birth control, other than condoms, I had ever used. I only had the shot that one time and its cycle ended 9 months ago. At my follow up I decided againt a 2nd shot b/c my husband and I wanted to try again. the Dr. suggested that I wait about 9months to a year bofore getting pregnant again. Just to give my body time to recover, but other than that everything looked ok to him. my husband and I have been trying for a while to get pregnant. My periods are irregular, but other than that everything else is fine. We have been trying with no luck. Could it be from the Depo? Or possibly from the miscarriage? Any tips on increasing our chances? Thanks.
I was on the depo years ago..... and they did say that if you are planning on trying conceive that it could take anywhere from 12-18 months..... so it is possible that you are having a hard right now bc of the shot.....