Pregnancy Community

Diagnosed with depression

Today i went in to see my doctor. She asked me questions and suggested a conslour for me because it seems i have depression. She said it could be a serious issue for the baby as well. They talked about medication i can take thats not going to affect the baby. Am i a bad person to have depression while im pregnant. The doctor thinks its because the babys father has been "verbally" abusing me for the past year and thinks it just caught up with me. They arent affraid of suicide yet but wants to see me more.

On top of the news i am having a girl
But i have bad high blood pressure and i lost a lot of weight when i should be gaining it in this point of pregnancy. I feel like a horrible mother. I cannot believe i am depressed :'(
Welcome to the Pink Side<3
& don't feel like a bad mother! I agree, maybe you do need counseling. It seems like you've been having quite a lot of trouble lately and perhaps letting it all out with be a big weight off your shoulder & the baby. You did a good thing seeking for help(: Other than that, take care of your health, its important for you and your daughter. Don't feel like a bad mother though! I'm sure you'll be a great mom.
I am so excited about my little princess. I jist cannot believe that i have depression. Its so disappointing. Idk how i let it get that far but i am trying so hard to change myself. Thank you.
Well, don't let things beat you up! Learn from your mistakes and keep your head up:) Hoping the best for you<3 no problem, we're all here for support(:
It doesnt mean ur a bad mom never think that.... i was diagnosed with depression a year ago and am pregnant... yeah you tend to be more emotional because of all the hormones mixed in but if i can do it so can you.... us woman are strong and can get through anything
PLEASE please do not feel bad or disappointed in yourself. Depression isn't something you can control, You didn't let it get that far honey it just happens. Believe me when I say this, I struggled with it for a VERY long time before I had the courage to speak up and get help. I commend you for being able to catch it so quickly. And it does definitely help to have a third party to talk about things with. And the dr will more than likely be able to help you out with your living situation, lead to some groups that can help keep you and baby safely away from those that are out to get you. Congratulations and welcome to team pink :) I can't wait for you to hold your precious little girl.
You're So Lucky To HavE A Doctor Like That. I Was Previously Diagnosed With ptsd And borderline Depression Episodes Do To It And My Doctor Just Blew It Off And Literally Told Me "We Will Check On That Again After Your Pregnancy Is Over"