Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Diaper bag?

I was wondering what you moms out there pack in your diaper bag. And hospital bag for a c section?
9 Responses
This is my third baby and with the other two I basically packed newborn diapers (I would say you should also pack size 1 diapers just in case your baby is big like mine was. He didn't fit in newborn anything) an outfit or two, a hat since its usually pretty cold in the hospital, swaddled blankets, outfits for me and hubby, nipple cream, toiletries, phone chargers, make up, etc. Also important documents like drivers license and things like that. Keep in mind that the hospitals provide you with most of these things but I always liked to bring my own. Oh and I had a vaginal birth with both so I don't know about c section
Ok thank you
Tooth brush for sure!!
Im most likely going to have another c section so here are some stuff i packed:
toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion toothbrush etc..)
A robe incase your gonna wear the hospital gown
some slippers for when they have you start moving around
breast pads
Maxi pads
towels
Phone charger
A comfortable going home outfit since with my first idk why after surgery i was very swollen i didnt fit in my clothes i had taken lol

In daddys bag i packed him some outfits
A towel
Some change for vending machine
And a pajama since in my bag i also packed toiletries for him.

In baby's bag i packed at least three outfits incase they dont fit since my first was pretty small baby.
Some socks a beanie and mittens
A blanket
Nail clippers
A receiving blanket
Pacifier
A breast pump..
And that was about it since hospital provides rest of things baby needs while in hospital.

Sounds like alot but im still trying to figure out if im missing something lol
Thanks for helping I don't want to miss something either that's why I asked for help
My hospital provided everything you could think of. I brought my toothbrush, a loose outfit to go home it, outfit to bring baby home in, and newborn diapers because the hospital provided size one. You'll want real loose pants that won't rub on your incision because that hurts. Also brought phone chargers and clean clothes for dad.
Depending on what country you live in depends on what hospital provides. In Ireland we need to bring in all our own stuff for baby.
Ok thanks
Ditto! In London most hospitals provide nothing!!! The midwife grumbled when we asked to borrow cotton wool for first nappy change!!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.