A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
1349241 tn?1316008558

Doctors appointment

So I went to the doctor today, they thought I was going to be around 6 weeks but When I had my ultra sound they said I am less then 4 weeks. And still in the gestational stage. I am kind of freaking out because I am afraid when I go back that it hasnt grown at all, my doc said I will see a big difference in 2 weeks when i get another one. Im just afraid that there wont be a change. I am on metformin and I heard that when you are on this medication that it reduces the risk of miscarriage in the first trimester. I am also on High blood pressure medication as well. I have wanted this baby so bad and afraid im going to lose it :(
11 Responses
1346723 tn?1300722341
don't worrie i'm sure if its ment to be it will.. I hope everythin works out for stay positive hun xx xx
1349241 tn?1316008558
yeah I have really wanted this baby and it has taken forever to get pregnant. So Idk, maybe i am just worrying to much.
1364497 tn?1295153371
Hey i know what your going through and you shouldn't worry to much, my doctor told me i was bout 8 weeks, i went to my scan  to find nothing, so i went back to my doctors, the scan told me to come back in 2 weeks but my doctor sent my back earlier, 1 week after id first seen them, they found the baby and found out i was 5 weeks 4 days im now 8 weeks tomorrow, it just means that you didnt fall pregnant on the 1st day of your last period.

I hope this helps let me know how things are =D Take Care Mandy
1349241 tn?1316008558
Yeah that helps :), Its not that they didnt find anything, they just seen the gestational sack. So she said that I was most likely in the gestational stage which from my understanding means im 4 weeks or less. Yeah I am sure that I probably didnt ovulate like ppl with a normal cycle since my cycle has always been abnormal and for the last 2 or 3 years I have not been ovulating at all, thats why they put me on this metformin.
796506 tn?1370191905
It is totally normal to worry honey! I really hope that everything continues to go well and I am sure that your little bean will be safe!
1349241 tn?1316008558
Thank You :)
I have been through similar situations. It is normal to wonder and worry! Remember that implantation takes 1-2 weeks so you could just have a late implanter! ;-)
1349241 tn?1316008558
Thank you, I have been reading ppl with different situations :) It is definitely making me feel much better lol. I am just going to try and relax and hope these past 2 weeks fly by. lol.
1364497 tn?1295153371
Hey im glad that i could help, i had the same thing, i went on the injection after my first baby to stop me getting pregnant after taking that my period went all stuffed up, i tried for 2 years for this baby and have been so overwhelmed =), Well i hope you find out soon how far a long you exactly are, and keep me updated =).

If you wanna fell free to add me jae_playgirl***@****, would love to talk some more...
Mandy
1349241 tn?1316008558
Yes we have been trying for about 2 years too. & they finally figured out what was wrong 3 months ago. I didnt think it would work so fast but it did. and Now im just freaking out lol. I guess if its meant to be it will be. =) What did you want me to add you to?? I have myspace & facebook? I dont have msn or yahoo messengers. I think that im atleast 4 weeks or a little less. I took the home pregnancy tests on the 18th of this month. & Dont home pregnancies only get positives up to 5 days before your missed period???
1364497 tn?1295153371
Hey sammie I'm sorry its taken me a little while to reply, add me on facebook use this email address in the search tool bar lilmumma2010 at hotmail *******, umm im not sure bout the home pregnancy test as i done heaps and i always got neg, but i didnt do one this time around i just went to the doctor, and a blood confirmed it, i only done the test coz i was late and i told my partner he could go and put our boy in the car because i thought it would come up negative he started walking of when i looked down at the test and started running out the room after my partner, man a lil shame but hey i was over the moon it was a faint line but den got darker =). Just keep your head up high and like you said if it ment to be it will happen.

Mandy xxx
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.