Don't Know What To Expect... Pregnant Again?

I recently had a miscarriage, The bleeding started on November 6th, Found out I was miscarrying on November 13th & the bleeding stopped November 16th. I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant... We've had sex once while I was pregnant on November 5th (Day before I started bleeding, The first time), Had sex after my miscarriage on November 18th & 23rd. My levels the first time I went to the doctor was at 486, 2 days later my levels were at 200. My first doctor appointment for HCG levels was tested on November 9th, and second were on November 11th. Does anyone know if my levels would have dropped back to normal by now (November 24th) or is there a chance that I could be pregnant again? I was told to wait till my next period which should happen on November 28th but since I mc I wasn't sure when to expect it. But the doc said as soon as I was ready to start trying again, to go for it. What are the chances of being pregnant right after miscarrying?

Also, One other question. I found out I had a bladder infection while I was pregnant and the doctor prescribed amoxicillin for 5 days, Do you think that could of harmed my pregnancy?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thankyou, it means alot that you both were able to answer my questions! I will definately keep you posted as to what happens! :)
Helpful - 0
Again I am really sorry for your loss...sounds like your doctors really treated you with very little respect, and that's just unforgivable. Yes an infection can cause a miscarriage but it would have to be BAD, usually accompanied with dangerously high fevers and vomiting from high toxicity levels in the blood. I do not think this happened with you, but anything's possible. Good luck on your test sweetie I really hope things work out for you...let us know when you test!
Helpful - 0
I did reasearch before taking the amoxicillin and it says it was fine, But I also read the if you get a UTI during pregnancy and it's bad enough it could end the pregnancy. Yet again, mine I don't think was very severe I didn't even have symptoms of it, The doctors just caught it in one of my tests, And it wasn't bad enough to transfer to my kidneys. Well what's funny is that NO ONE would look at me before 3 months, Everybody said there was too high of a risk for me to miscarry that they wouldnt look at me. I had to go to the emergency room, Outside the city to get my blood drawn, and then I went back 2 days later to get it drawn the second time. But they were reluctant to even give me my results. I don't know what was up with that... My obgyn did NOT contact me whatsever until my miscarriage started happening maybe 3 or 4 day into, and even though she just phoned to tell me it wasn't gonna last. It was very hard, I had to demand the results to find out what was going on because I didn't feel like sitting around and waiting. I will wait 2 weeks and take the test again! Thankyou so much ladies!
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry for your loss, The antibiotic didn't hurt the baby, most likely there was a genetic anomaly that was incompatible with life that caused it to self terminate. it can take up to 6w for hormone levels to go back to zero. . . But like Ashelen said, wait 2 weeks from the 23 to test again.
Helpful - 0
no it's highly unlikely that the amoxicillin did anything to the fetus....most LIKELY your HCG levels would be back to normal, but they're supposed to keep testing you until you're down to 0 to make sure there's no residual tissue left. However, you've probably passed it all. Having the miscarriage effectively restarted your cycle, so it'll be hard to predict when your period will come....You MAY have ovulated again, I have known a woman who conceived the week after her miscarriage, much to her surprise. If you think you're pregnant I would wait 2 weeks from the 23rd and take an HPT.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community