A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Drug Testing Newborns in Ontaio

Please no judgement.
I am 19 weeks pregnant and have just stopped smoking marijuana this week (I was using is as it helped with nausea, anxiety and depression) I will not be smoking again for the duration of the pregnancy, but someone told me that they will test the baby's meconium and take her away from us when she is born. I'm really scared, I had no idea that this was a regular test. I don't want to loose my child, please help, any advice is appreciated.
7 Responses
Maybe you should be honest with your obgyn and tell them you have quit and they might give you some revenues and help you out. . .
What state are you in? They don't do that here. Once my baby pooped the diaper went straight in the trash and a nurse helped me change her.
What state are you in? They don't do that here. Once my baby pooped the diaper went straight in the trash and a nurse helped me change her.
7552771 tn?1469929649
Your baby will be fine it takes a 1-2 months for it to be out of your system and babies system. Dont worry about it as long as you dont do it again. And for drug testing they dont test the poop. But yes they drug test babies
My aunts next door neighbor just had her baby about a month ago. And due to the drugs she was doing they took her baby. Not sure wad drugs she was using tho. And also my cousin is due to have her baby next month and she has been smoking marijuana her whole pregnancy for the same reasons as yu but dont know wad they will end up doing tho. But we stay in TN btw and every doctors visit they ask for urine to check and test that. They drug test everyone.
As long as you dont smoke it anymore throughout the pregnancy you should be fine... if you live in ontario canada... yeah they test young mothers children... between 16 years -25 years old dont ask me why... but they do... they did it to my friends son and he was clean.

But again if you dont smoke it during the duration of your pregnancy youll be fine dont stress and be honest with your doctor.
As long as you dont smoke it anymore throughout the pregnancy you should be fine... if you live in ontario canada... yeah they test young mothers children... between 16 years -25 years old dont ask me why... but they do... they did it to my friends son and he was clean.

But again if you dont smoke it during the duration of your pregnancy youll be fine dont stress and be honest with your doctor.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.