Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Due Date

I'm a little confused. My lmp was 12.14.11 and my dh and I are certain our newest joy began on 1.6.12. I understand that sperm lives for around three days and that conception can take anywhere between 5-10 days. Knowing this...about how pregnant am I? Everything wants me to measure from my lmp which pos me around five weeks. That doesn't make sense since there was no sperm present until about three weeks later. But then, considering the second given date, I would be about two weeks...until you take into account how long conception can take...which puts me around a week. All I am sure of is that I had a swift and firm positive last week unlike with my first. I took three tests at seven weeks that all came up very faint. Thoughts?
1 Responses
1794093 tn?1357934359
Because everyone goes by the first day of the last period, everyone isnt technically pregnant for the first part, the first part is when your cycle begins and is when you body is doing the prep work for a possible pregnancy... it also make sence to go by this date as most women know when they had their period last but very few know the actual date they ovualted... and yes some due dates change after women go for an ultrasound because not everyone had the same number of days in a cycle, thats why Drs reccomend a 12 week dating scan (roughly could be 10-14 weeks) and this gives a better idea if the dates match or are off... most cases if its only off by a few days then they keep your original date...

And also every pregnancy is different, this includes what your hCG levels are...because there is such a lg range that it could be in i wouldnt compare to how fast you showed pregnant before to your current pregnany.... this is asuming your talking about "your first" pregnancy...

Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.