Pregnancy Community

Ear infection

I have now been to the doctor 3 times within the last week for an ear infection that has gotten nothing but worst. It's now swollen in my face and caused my jaw to be really tight. I went to my ob first, she prescribed me antibiotics that hadn't helped. They suggested I go to the ER a couple days later so I did and that Doctor prescribed me antibiotic ear drops and hydrocodone. I went to a third doctor today that specializes in ear, throat, and nose and he suggested a wick. That's what I've had in my ear for the past 10 hours and I can feel it expanding and it's causing a little pain to my face again. He suggested I stopped the pain killers with being 26 weeks pregnant. Why would one doctor tell me it's fine and another say no? Has anyone personally taken hydros while pregnant? The pain is almost unbearable but i don't want to harm my baby.
Ihavent had ear infections while being pregnant but ihave had several in my life time & ear infections r no joke it hurtsss so bad & iend ^ crying thank God antibiótics wrk for me & Advil , somewhat w.ear drops. Good Luck to youu ihope it goes away soon!!