Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Early contractions or Braxton?

Hi Mamas, what does early contractions feel like or Braxton,  the difference? I'm currently experiencing on and off,  not too frequent,  but daily like his pinching or kicking a nerve,  I feel it running down my sides and down my one leg and my navel area sometimes gets a punch or two sharp pain. His very active though too,  especially morning and night and right after I have eaten he will be bouncing around and kicking on my cervix or right side. I'm almost 28 weeks so just want to be able to tell the difference and not be too worried and still cautious. I also have extreme pressure on my vagina it's swollen on the one side and extreme pressure at my rectum area almost like baby is pushing down heavy and like a bleeding feeling. I am seeing my doc today,  what should I ask him or is this all normal?
1 Responses
2080231 tn?1444937185
All sounds normal to me. Braxton Hicks are shorter in duration and go away if you switch positions. They're generally just felt as your belly tightening, but can sometimes have a sharp pain accompanying them. Contractions will be at least 30 seconds and a dull ache that will not stop if you change positions.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.