Pregnancy Community

Early contractions or Braxton?

Hi Mamas, what does early contractions feel like or Braxton,  the difference? I'm currently experiencing on and off,  not too frequent,  but daily like his pinching or kicking a nerve,  I feel it running down my sides and down my one leg and my navel area sometimes gets a punch or two sharp pain. His very active though too,  especially morning and night and right after I have eaten he will be bouncing around and kicking on my cervix or right side. I'm almost 28 weeks so just want to be able to tell the difference and not be too worried and still cautious. I also have extreme pressure on my vagina it's swollen on the one side and extreme pressure at my rectum area almost like baby is pushing down heavy and like a bleeding feeling. I am seeing my doc today,  what should I ask him or is this all normal?
All sounds normal to me. Braxton Hicks are shorter in duration and go away if you switch positions. They're generally just felt as your belly tightening, but can sometimes have a sharp pain accompanying them. Contractions will be at least 30 seconds and a dull ache that will not stop if you change positions.