Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Epidural Pros and Cons

I'm currently pregnant with baby #3...I didn't get the epidural with my first 2 and I've been contemplating getting one with this baby just to do it...I'm wondering if there's any other moms that have had BOTH natural and epidural births and which you'd prefer and why!?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
9536744 tn?1414122031
If you know you can do it without the epidural then I'd suggest you not getting it i had a csection and didnt have a choice now my back bothers me in the spot where they stuck the needle in it feels like a tooth ache and it took them several times and 2 anesthesiology to get it in the right spot which was the worst part of the whole thing
Helpful - 0
I just had a beautiful baby boy on January 13th. With my first pregnancy I went natural and everything was great. With this pregnancy I decided to get an epidural and this decision put me and my child in danger. After receiving my epidural I noticed that my baby's heart rate slowed down dramatically. This happened 3 times. The nurses said that my pressure was also very very low. A baby's heart rate should be over 100 and my sons heart rate was in the 70's. I was rushed to the operating room for an emergency c-section. This was the scariest thing I have ever been through. If you can please do it natural with no meds. I know what happened to me won't happen to everyone else but I just thought I should tell u natural was the best way for me.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.