Epidural Pros and Cons

I'm currently pregnant with baby #3...I didn't get the epidural with my first 2 and I've been contemplating getting one with this baby just to do it...I'm wondering if there's any other moms that have had BOTH natural and epidural births and which you'd prefer and why!?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you know you can do it without the epidural then I'd suggest you not getting it i had a csection and didnt have a choice now my back bothers me in the spot where they stuck the needle in it feels like a tooth ache and it took them several times and 2 anesthesiology to get it in the right spot which was the worst part of the whole thing
Helpful - 0
I just had a beautiful baby boy on January 13th. With my first pregnancy I went natural and everything was great. With this pregnancy I decided to get an epidural and this decision put me and my child in danger. After receiving my epidural I noticed that my baby's heart rate slowed down dramatically. This happened 3 times. The nurses said that my pressure was also very very low. A baby's heart rate should be over 100 and my sons heart rate was in the 70's. I was rushed to the operating room for an emergency c-section. This was the scariest thing I have ever been through. If you can please do it natural with no meds. I know what happened to me won't happen to everyone else but I just thought I should tell u natural was the best way for me.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community