Epidural question

Does anybody have any recommendations about how not to move when they're giving you an epidural? I'm getting closer to the end so starting to think more about the actual delivery.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
honestly i would have sat still to let them cut off my arm if that ment the epideral was gonna start working! lol The staff talks you through it and if you feel a contraction coming on they make sure you let them know, if there is concern that you in too much pain to trust then they may give you some type of pain relief just before to help... they gave me fentanyl cause they were worried lol but seriously i wasnt gonna budge lol i was sooo ready for the epideral that i dont remember even how long it took, or really much about it other than i was concentrating on staying still to help them get it going that much faster! and it was heaven! lol

My daughter was face up with her head arched back, and stuck! she wasnt ever gonna come out so i had her skull pressing into my spine the whole time with no chance of her going through the birth canal and i was induced.... it was the craziest worst pain ever! so yes when i hit the 4 cm mark and went to labour and delivery it was the BEST news!! in the end i didnt progress past 7cm which is obvious as she never dropped so i went for a csection... but she is healthy and happy and soon to be 2! worth every bit of pain :)
Helpful - 0
The OB nurses will help you position and help you stay still also. Don't worry you'll be fine, I know you will be able to sit thru it. I haven't had an epidural for childbirth but I've had them several different times and was able to pull thur it.
Wishing you a healthy baby !
Ginger
Helpful - 0
The thought of what could happen if I didn't stay still was enough to keep me from moving when I had the epidural during my first birth.  The anesthesiologist is usually pretty experienced at placing it quickly.  Mine waited until a contraction ended and immediately went to work in between with the instructions to tell him if another was coming.  I think I only had one while he was working and he pretty much already had the catheter placed.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community