Pregnancy Community

Feel like crap

I went to motherhood to buy a few things. The lady asked how far along I was. I told her I was four months and she was like, "You are so huge! Oh my God."  How rude is that. I've only gained five and I don't even think I'm showing that much.
Aw thats unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that she was so insensitive. You would think that someone working a store selling clothes and stuff to pregnant women (with surging horomones) would know to be more sensitive and encouraging.
I'm 6 months and everyone is like omg ur huge!! U look like ur due any day..ugh:/ I know how ya feel girl!! Ppl can b so insensitive..especially to pregnant women!
I told her to give me a break this is my second child. I know I'm bigger than I was than.
I always take it as a compliment when people look shocked or make a comment like "wow is there only one" or "you are HUGE!"...

the way I see it is...I must look so healthy and tiny that having a huge belly is a visual shock, so if they're making a comment about it..what they really mean is "you're so tiny but your belly is so BIG, wow!" and even if that's not what they mean..I take it that way ;-).

Check out the bump pictures I just uploaded if you want to see someone with a ridiculous bump...I can't even look in the mirror without laughing anymore because I'm so disproportionate! but that's ok...I grow big placentas, lots of healthy fluid, and nice healthy babies..if people comment about how big my belly is, I know what they really mean is "you're a great baby-maker, mama"...even if they don't know themselves that's what they mean ;-).

*hugs*
(sorry hit post before I finished my thought) I went to wal-mart today to pick up some snacks for the kids, and I got dizzy so I got one of those granny carts (i know, I know..shame on me!) and as I was sitting in the check-out rubbing my belly through a contraction, one woman stopped, her eyes popped out and her jaw dropped and she goes "oh my gosh, are you only having ONE?" and I chuckled and said "yep, just the one" and she goes "wait, let me guess...little boy?" and I said "you got it!" and she goes "I just want to let you know that you have the prettiest belly I've ever seen..even if it's the size of a small planet, you are one gorgeous mommy".

So sometimes I think people just forget to include the compliment behind the rude comment...but people almost always mean well <3
Lol. It never bothers me. They don't say look how fat u are. They say look how big u are. As in the size of Ur baby. So I say thank u. I make big healthy babies. :) it's when they say Ur face looks like its filling out that I get offended. Lol