Pregnancy Community
Yh I got mine at 16 weeks to be honest I dont know what the point of it was or if there are side affects.
Yes! And anyone who will be around you and baby a lot should too. Especially if you are due during flu season
I went to the doctors this am, and I have never had one before. He told me it was safer for the baby, which pretty much talked me into it.
You do not want to chance baby getting the flu. Their immune systems are much weaker than ours and it will effect them a lot worse than it would us. If you get the shot, then so does baby while theyre in your belly and it'll help them to build their immune system. Also, if your sick, so is baby.
It's also recommend you and everyone that will be around baby get the tdap shot which covers whooping cough and I think some other things
That's why I just ended up getting it. I have had all my vaccines, and fully intended to vaccinate the baby when the time comes as well, I was just curious. The doctor didn't mention the whooping cough one yet, but that is one that I am researching if there is an outbreak and side effects etc in my area solely because it hasn't been tested on pregnant woman and unborn children yet. I was just wary of it because I thought it made you sick or contract flu like symptoms. I never had a reason to get one prior, now as I type my arm is killing me lol.
I got the whooping cough one at the hospital but my dr didnt even ask about the flu shot. if it had been during early preg then I would have but i was asked after she was born & every time in the past ive gotten the flu vaccine ive gotten sick immediately and didnt want the baby around it so I declined it.
I normally don't get them but I got one this year because of my pregnancy.
I got one cause i dont want to get sick and the baby either
I am actually required to get one due to a low immune system anyway. But I got mine at 7wks. I had never had a problem with the vaccination before but this time about 5+ hrs later I had flu-like symptoms that just made me so miserable while at work. I went home and crashed out, woke up the next day fine as ever like it never happened.