Pregnancy Community

Flu after flu shot?

I keep getting those sharp pains in my abdomen like you would a flu. Also, everytime I eat it doesn't agree with me & I have to use the bathroom excessively (tmi sorry) , I got my flu shot at the end of October & I'm 34w5d
Well you cannot get the flu from the flu shot itself because they give you a dead flu but it is possible to still get the flu after you've gotten the shot. It will not be nearly as bad as if you didn't get the shot. If you think you are having flu symptoms, call your doctor or get checked out because it can still be serious even after the flu shot and they need to treat it.
To me though, your symptoms just sound like normal pregnancy symptoms but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
Sounds like it could be early labor symptoms too
Just FYI the CDC says the flu shot is very ineffective this year because the virus mutated too much. Could easily be the flu even though you've had the shot :(