Pregnancy Community

Gender Disappointment

So I'm only 14 weeks, i don't know what I'm having but everything points to a boy. I'm very disappointed but when i mean disappointed i mean VERY. My family says if you don't want him we'll take him, which is not what i wanna hear they all think I'm overreacting which i might be but this is not what i wanted. With my previous mental health issue I'm worried this will not be easy to get over. What do i do to get excited about a boy.?
First of all just because everything points to a boy doesn't mean it is a boy but go to stores and look only at boy stuff and imagine him in it and think about going to his first game but also be happy your producing your own offspring your lucky to be a having a child of your own
During my first weeks of pregnancy everything pointed to a boy at 20weeks i found out it was a girl just because you have certain symptoms or tummy looks a certain way doesn't specify a certain gender. Be happy with any gender your having a baby is a blessing
A lot of women can't get even get pregnant they will never know the feeling of a tiny kick or that forever stretch mark that most may hate but those who have lost before cherish and love the look of those scars, I have a girl myself and I'm now pregnant again I want a boy so bad idk what I'm having yet but I can already imagine myself having to buy blue gray dark colors I'm excited with the fact that I know atleast one male
Will always love me unconditionally my son.
I was positive my whole pregnancy that I was having a little boy, I wanted a girl very badly but I was just happy my pregnancy was progressing normally and the baby was healthy. I found out last month I'm having a girl and I'm really excited, but you need to understand that you don't get to pick the baby's gender. You should be overjoyed that your little sweetheart is growing and living inside of you. You want advice on how to be excited about having a boy? Try being excited about the fact that he even exists. It's not fair to be disappointed in your child for something they can't help.
I wanted a boy For my first baby...  once I picked a name For a boy I started calling The baby That name. Even though I didn't know What It was. When I found out It was a girl I was sooooo happy and now I have beautiful five year old little princess and I can't help But feel So blessed to have her and I'm So glad She turned out to be a girl. I'm supposed to be giving birth any day now and with this pregnancy I wanted a boy again Because I already have a girl and I did want a boy The first time So of course this time I'd hope For one. In The beginning All signs said boy But I knew That It didn't mean anything since most gender predictions are myths Or old wives tails. I still felt like It was a boy and hoped for one But When I went to The ultrasound and found out It was a girl I again had tears of joy. My mom was with me and asked If I was disappointed and I said hell No I think I'm happier finding out It's a girl For Some reason. I'm still planning a third time For a boy But I feel blessed to have beautiful little girls. It's Ur baby regardless and It will definitely find a way into Ur heart. I Even said I didn't wanna put my daughter with alot of pink But Then I go crazy with girl stuff and pink stuff. Being a mom Is amazing Even If You Hoped For one gender and got The Other
I wanted a girl and everything pointed to one but im having a little boy and i cant be more excited i love him to pieces already and am excited to b a mommy, boy or girl all babies r blessings. Just b thankful hun
Boys are the best!:) there mamas boys for sure!! My first was a boy and now im having a girl and im tryin to get excited for a girl! But boys are easy and so much fun:) when u hold him in ur arms u will never wanna let him go! I strongly believe that no matter the gender!
Just be thankful ur having a healthy baby some people would die to be in ur feet some women can't even get pregnant
It's totally normal to have gender dissapointment, I had it too. I wanted a girl but got a boy. I was super sad but as your pregnancy progresses, you will fall more and more in love with your baby. And think of all the positives of having a boy. Boys are always mommies baby's, their less drama, and other stuff.
I mean you want your baby to be a Boy or girl it doesn't make you a bad mother. Alot of women can't have kids but if you want your child to be a certain gender I see nothing wrong with it its your baby even if its not what you want just be happy with whatever it might be and still love him or her the same
Just be grateful you have a Healthy baby as some people are not as lucky as you.
.......
You don't get to choose what you want when it comes to gender..a baby is a blessing regardless.. you just need to appreciate the fact of you being able to even get the chance of becoming a mother..not many ppl get this opportunity.. you should be Happy no matter what..Im a first time mom and I wanted a girl but when I found out I was expecting a boy I was just as Happy...
As long as your baby is happy, it shouldn't matter what gender he or she is.
Well you don't even know what your having yet so don't be so close to assuming just yet but always be so thankful cause my aunt and millions of others who can't have kids would love to be in your shoes.
I thought I was having a boy but I'm having a little princess.  I have 4 nephews and let me tell you boys are so amazing! They are the most humorous little boys I've ever met and they light up my world.  Boys are great!  
Its disturbing that you are this upset that you may have a boy. Granted well all may have a preference for what we want, but none of that really matters as long as they are healthy! You really need to reconsider if you're even ready to be a mother if something like gender can make you have these feelings towards your baby. I couldnt care less about gender, I'm just praying my baby is healthy and that I have a safe delivery. Grow up, mama.
Don't listen to rude comments. Gender dissapointment is totally real and is common!  I had a severe case of it this time around. When I found out I was having a boy I cried for 2 weeks!  I love my baby but I was very upset. I had to get excited about him. I had imagined having another girl. Had dreamed of a whole life that wasn't going to happen. This is our last baby so it made it that much worse. I had to go out and buy things for him, set his nursery up and say goodbye to having another daughter to get excited about having a boy.
Lol, nuts!!!
Dey not saying it to be rude its kinda crazy to give up ur baby just because of gender im having a boy deep down i did want a girl but neva have i been upset bout it cuz ima love him just as much and i gotta agree if dat little thing makes u upset den.... speechless
All "signs" pointed to a girl for us and we're having a boy. Baby still has a high heart beat which a lot of people say normally girls have and he is definitely a boy.