Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Getting induced

I am going to be induced this weekend if labor doesn't start on its own due to hypertension and swelling. I'm 3,5 cm open and 90% effaced. So scared to be induced. How different is it from natural labor? This is my first child.
3 Responses
What being induced mean that there basically forcing ur contractions to start n making u dialate both my kids i was induced...they say its not like natural labor becuz ur body contracts on its own induce forces it to come fast
I was induced with my 3rd child, it hurt as it would but it went fast I was induced and she was born 3 hours later :) don't be afraid I am sure you and your baby will be okay. :)
With my first son I had an 8 hour labor and 48 minutes of pushing. They where quite shocked since I was a ftm. I've heard induction hurts more then natural labor but I don't have anything to compare it to. I labored without an epidural till I was 7cm then I couldn't handle it after that it was fine till my epidural ran out right before I started pushing. That was the only bad thing for me. Going from no pain to 100% pain hurt a lot. I'm getting induced again on Tuesday for my daughter as well.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.