Pregnancy Community

Giving a baby Motrin

My 2 month old baby just had her shots yesterday and she was in a little pain so I gave her some infants Motrin because I didnt have any Tylenol and it was late at night then I was told by a few friends that u don't give Motrin til after 6 months now I'm a lil worried I mean she seems to be fine to me she's just sleeping a lil more should be worried or is it ok to give Motrin I followed the weight/dosage chart perfectly.
i gave my niece motrin and my mom gave me motrin as a young child she will be okay
Motrin contains ibuprofen, which can cause reyes syndrome in infants. My daughters pediatrician told me to use infants tylenol our an off brand containing acetaminophen. I would discontinue the motrin and get some infants acetaminophen.
I meant to add that motrin is safe to use at six months.