Pregnancy Community

HELP!! i think i swallowed repellent

hi im 32 weeks pregnant and i used avon skin so soft bug repellent on my skin for avoiding mosquito bites and i forgot to wash my hands afterward. i ate something after that using my bare hands n that was when i realized that i had the repellent on my hands. im so scared that i might have taken something toxic inside. i immediately went and spitted out everything n also brushed my mouth thoroughly. i feel generally alright and it wasn't much of the amount too but im still being very paranoid about it. hope my baby is alright!! im really scared :(
Drink PLENTY of water. If you are that scared go to ER

x
Relaxxxx! The small amount you may have ingested was so small it doesnt pose a risk. I know us moms worry about everything but were human and make mistakes! You already did what i would have suggested so im thinkin your in the clear. Also avon skin so soft is a lot more gentle formula than most repelliants. Good luck n like i said, relax;)
I don't think you have anything to worry about.
There is no DEET(which is in most repellents like OFF, tec.) in skin so soft, thats why its safe for babies and pregnant people to use.  If it was just on your hands, I wouldnt worry the amount you injested was tiny and probably not pose any risk. Good luck.
thank you all for putting my mind to ease :)
if there was something to worry about the directions will say wash your hands after use and they probably don't.
i too felt paranoid after using hand sanitizer and eating as well. but as long as YOU feel okay, then the baby is more than likely just fine too :)
I think you are fine, I am not 100% but I thought that skin so soft did not ahve insect repelant in it but was natural! If so there i sno need for concern and any ammount if there is some in was no more then you would get from eating apples or fruit or veggies from the store and did not wash it! Believe me there are chemicals all around.

thanks guys
I am an Avon rep., and citronella is a component, that is why it repels mosquitoes.  It is a natural essential oil.