Pregnancy Community

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Can bacteria in a UTI effect your baby? I'm. 24 weeks....someone please help
I'm assuming that UTI means uninary tract infection.  If so, that will not hurt the baby.  I've had bladder infections while pregnant and my Dr. just gives me a prescription for it.  The babies are very protected from a lot of illnesses we can get while pregnant.  I hope you feel better soon.  I know those are painful!!
The UTI itself cannot hurt baby. BUT... left untreated you could lose the baby as the UTI will spread and could cause kidney failure, stones, etc. Are you taking antibiotics and drinking cranberry juice? If so, baby will be fine,
No UTI doesn't hurt the baby, but like njeosys said if left untreated you can have a miscarriage.  I've had 2 UTI's since being pregnant and the second time it spread to my kidney, I had an inflamed kidney and was given anitbiotics for it...some common ones that are given to pregnant women are Kafflex and Macrobid...what r u taking for your antibiotics?