Has anyone had an xray on their teeth while pregnant?

I had an xray on my bottom right wisdom tooth. I had two vest on. One was diagonal across my little baby bumb and another on top of that covering me. Is this safe? My dentist said it was less radiation than going outside. Also, has anyone had their wisdom teeth taken out while pregnant?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
When I was 13wks I had to get an xrays on my hand and they used the belly shields. Everything is fine with my baby girl
Helpful - 0
My doctor approved a mouth X-ray as long as I was 20 weeks or later they just put a little extra protection over my belly before taking the X-ray
Helpful - 0
Hi I'm 34 weeks. I've gad wisdom teeth pulled but not during pregnancy. Ur mouth will be uncomfortable and probably hurt and the worst thing is u can't take any pain meds
Can u wait till baby is born.

Helpful - 0

Not only is it safe to get your teeth cleaned during pregnancy, it's highly recommended. Recent studies suggest a strong association between gum disease and preterm labor, and regular trips to the dentist can help you avoid this risk.

Most injectable anesthetics that dentists use are considered safe. Even tooth X-rays are considered safe, as long as you're covered with a lead apron.
Helpful - 0
They used the small one on me as well. I think it'll be fine. Thank you for your comment. :)
Helpful - 0
I went to the Dentist last week and I was 18&2 had my teeth cleaned and xrays! Perfectly safe I had on 2 vests as well, I don't think they'll do it if it would harm the baby! Plus I had an options of the big machine or the small hand held one and I chose the small one
Helpful - 0
Okay thank you for replying. I am not too concerned because it was only one tooth and one xray.
Helpful - 0
Hi there. Im 28 weeks and in may i passed out and got a really bad concussion. In the ER they did a CT Scan of my head which has radiation in it. I also had to have an xray of my elbow because they thought it was broken. Each time they triple covered my belly with the lead shields and baby girl is doing just fine.
Helpful - 0
They not suppose to so xray while pregnant... I got a teeth cleaning two weeks ago... I gotta go back after the baby.for the xray.exam... I'm 38+4
Helpful - 0
I'm 25 almost 26 weeks pregnant.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community