Pregnancy Community

Health&Fitness During Pregnancy

I know I posted a thread a few days ago regarding weight gain and following that I decided to cut back on the junk food that I have been eating (all I seem to crave is McDonalds,crisps,fizzy drinks etc). I try and drink mainly water and stick to my 3 meals a day as oppose to lots of snacking. I also thought I'd try walking, so today I got up and 'brisk walked' for about 20minutes, I was out of breath and shattered afterwards but also had a stitch type feeling in my tummy....is this normal? What do you guys do to try and stay healthy/fit during pregnancy..do you have any tips/advice? Thanks x
I think it's great that you're cutting back on the junk foods and sugary drinks! One thing that has worked for me is to eat a balanced diet but eat small meals frequently throughout the day. I eat lots of snacks in between meals - yogurt, fruit, granola bars, and my 'main' meals are smaller (helps with heartburn!)

I also try to walk ~ 30 min every day. I've noticed I'm walking slower and slower as I'm getting bigger but I think it's important to listen to your body and not push yourself if you're getting out of breadth or your heart rate is really high. I've also been going to the gym once a week and using the eliptical, but just taking it quite easy. The rule of thumb is not to get out of breadth to the point where you won't be able to carry on a conversation.

I've noticed if I'm walking up a hill I sometimes get this contraction type feeling where my uterus gets really hard (not sure if that's what you're referring to). There's no pain and it goes away quickly. My Dr said not to worry about it unless I've felt 5 of those within an hour.