A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
297280 tn?1226710005

Heartburn/Indigestion

I am 16 wks pregnant and lately I sometimes have a feeling like food is not going down quickly or like there is an air bubble stuck right below my breast bone.  After a while I will pass gas or belch.  Is this just normal heartburn, gas, etc.?  Sometimes it is uncomfortable, sort of painful, and I will have a slight ache up in my shoulder for a second.  I also have the burning and painful feeling in my stomach which I realize probably is heartburn and it gets better when I take Mylanta.  The air bubble is new to me, though, and the feeling like the food is not going down quickly or sticking for a second in my upper chest below my throat.  I thought symptoms like this wouldn't come until much later when the baby was pressing up.
1 Responses
Hormones can also cause that . . . it is pretty common . . . doesn't feel great, though, I know.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.