Pregnancy Community

Heartburn/Indigestion

I am 16 wks pregnant and lately I sometimes have a feeling like food is not going down quickly or like there is an air bubble stuck right below my breast bone.  After a while I will pass gas or belch.  Is this just normal heartburn, gas, etc.?  Sometimes it is uncomfortable, sort of painful, and I will have a slight ache up in my shoulder for a second.  I also have the burning and painful feeling in my stomach which I realize probably is heartburn and it gets better when I take Mylanta.  The air bubble is new to me, though, and the feeling like the food is not going down quickly or sticking for a second in my upper chest below my throat.  I thought symptoms like this wouldn't come until much later when the baby was pressing up.
Hormones can also cause that . . . it is pretty common . . . doesn't feel great, though, I know.