Pregnancy Community

How Long Before You Went Into Labor .? ( Already Moms )

So I had my 38 week check up and apparently I'm 3-4 cm dilated and 60% effaced .! I just want to know how long before you went into labor .?
I was never that dilated needle labor! My cervix was a hundred percent thinned for about a week but I got stuck at a two until they started me on pitocen.
And you went into labor naturally .? :)
My water broke and they started pitocen when my contractions didn't start. But mutt labor continued when the pit was turned off. I wish I'd gone naturally! But my body had other plans.
I'm 39.2 wks water broke last night in labor still. 2cm dilated
For me my water broke, went to hospital was 2cm and 90%, 5hrs later my son was here
How can your water break nd no contractions, i thought that could dry your bby out or something